Graphic Design Intern, Digital Marketing - Consumer
WhereSan Diego, US
What we’re looking for
At Front Row, we partner with leading brands to accelerate their ecommerce growth. We leverage our capabilities and proprietary technology to design, market, distribute and accelerate brands on a global scale. We’re continually cultivating functional areas of expertise and retaining the highest caliber of talent — while sharing knowledge and data, creating efficiencies, and looking at every aspect of our client’s business from a 360 perspective. We work effectively to give every client the hands-on support, niche knowledge, and first-access they need to win in the world’s most competitive commerce markets and make each of our six capabilities the first to act on the next big things.
We live for the exchange of energy between brands and audiences, you should too, and we’ve made it our mission to expand every brand’s market share and heart share. Because we believe every transaction has the potential to be transformational.
We leverage data-driven insights from Catapult, our proprietary technology, and our deep understanding of marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart.com, TikTok Shop, to craft strategies unique to each brand we work with while protecting their pricing and channel strategies at every lifecycle stage and in any global market.
- Founded in 2012 with over 400 employees through various acquisitions.
- Private equity backed - Trivest Partners
- 250+ notable brands like Glow Recipe, Youth to the People, HUM Nutrition, Scrub Daddy, and more!
- Inc.’s 5,000 Fastest-Growing Companies three years in a row
- Offices in New York, San Diego, Hamburg and Bratislava
As Front Row expands its commerce capabilities and internship programs, we are seeking an ambitious, hyper talented, and energetic Graphic Design Intern to join our collaborative digital team. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative environment in the Beauty, Lifestyle, and Health & Wellness vertical, and will directly support the Design Team, Client Accounts and the day-to-day creative operations of the agency. Design Interns at Taylor & Pond are responsible for assisting with the ideation and creation of original content for the company’s and clients’ social media platforms, email marketing campaigns, and websites. You will also have the opportunity to engage in special projects within website development, packaging, print media, paid advertisement, and video pre- and post-production.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, out-of-the-box thinker who strives for excellence and welcomes challenges of all forms. You will be expected to actively and regularly participate in brainstorm sessions and contribute to creative conceptualization/ideation to enhance brand strategy and brand value for our clients. You will execute your duties efficiently and successfully under the guidance of our team of Designers according to client needs and those of the agency as a whole. This is an unpaid, onsite, internship located in our San Diego office.
Your Day to Day
- Conceptualize, produce, and finalize content for social, web, and print on retainer-based accounts and special projects
- Create content on quick timelines
- Assist and work on client special projects as needed
- Assist the designers and creatives with tasks as needed
- Give, receive and facilitate feedback and able to quickly execute and implement edits
- Actively contribute to and participate in creative meetings, brainstorming and innovation
- Maintain excellent communication at all times within the creative design team, the department leads and between all departments
- Continuously learn and adopt new skills and tools and stay on top of the latest in industry and design field trends
- Knowledge and passion for principles of design, color concepts, typography, hierarchy, and flow
- Fundamental understanding of designing for digital vs. print
- Ability to understand and adhere to brand guidelines
- Strong conceptual and creative skills and ability to brainstorm individually and collaboratively
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary organizational skills and time management abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects and team and client demands at once
- An entrepreneurial attitude and deep sense of ownership and pride in everything that you do
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Excellent proficiency in:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe XD
- Adobe InDesign
Bonus Points if:
- You have beauty, food or lifestyle experience
- 1+ years of professional experience preferred (agency experience is a plus!)
- A passion for and experience with the beauty/wellness/lifestyle industries preferred
- Ability to animate graphics (Adobe AfterEffects preferred)
- Knowledge of web design (UX/UI) preferred
- 3D design skills are a plus
To apply, you must submit the following:
- Link to a portfolio of work; Applications without a portfolio submission will not be considered
- Opportunity for career growth + development
- A fast-paced, high energy + dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego
- Unlimited snacks and coffee in the San Diego office to keep you fueled for AGENCY LIFE
- Free Lunch Thursdays for in-office team members