Director | Creator, Affiliate & TTS, Content Creation
WhereSan Diego, US
What we’re looking for
At Front Row, we partner with leading brands to accelerate their ecommerce growth. We leverage our capabilities and proprietary technology to design, market, distribute and accelerate brands on a global scale.
We’re continually cultivating functional areas of expertise and retaining the highest caliber of talent — while sharing knowledge and data, creating efficiencies, and looking at every aspect of our client’s business from a 360 perspective.
We work effectively to give every client the hands-on support, niche knowledge, and first-access they need to win in the world’s most competitive commerce markets and make each of our six capabilities the first to act on the next big things.
We live for the exchange of energy between brands and audiences, you should too, and we’ve made it our mission to expand every brand’s market share and heart share. Because we believe every transaction has the potential to be transformational.
About the team this role lives within:
Based in San Diego, California, our content creation & digital marketing agency specializes in the beauty, health, and wellness industry and offers 360 marketing services, including social media marketing, content creation, influencer/creator marketing, paid digital media, creative development, email marketing, and website development.
We look at the digital space with a wide-angle lens — making us uniquely qualified to expand and elevate our client’s digital reach while delivering consistency across performance marketing, social marketing, influencer/creator marketing, email marketing and CRM.
With over $17M in revenue, the current team is over 80 people. Top clients include Jergens, Bio-Oil, Rimmel, Olaplex, and JLo Beauty.
The San Diego office also has its own studio for shoots, which is a key part of the client offering, developing ongoing social content, email marketing assets, social and streaming ads, photography and video for everything from evergreen messages to product launches.
We lead with instinct. We validate with evidence. And we value add for everyone.
Job Description Overview:
As the Director of Creator & Affiliate Marketing, you will be a part of an innovative, fast-paced team dedicated to producing exciting and engaging experiences that reflect a variety of our client’s brand values. Bringing your creative and analytical skills to the position, you will be responsible for the ideation, planning, and execution of the vision for influencer/creator marketing and complementary 360 campaign strategy to expand brand awareness and drive engagement, acquisition, and retention.
Collaborating cross functionally across teams such as Social Media, Performance Marketing, TikTok Shop, Amazon and DTC you will contribute an in-depth understanding of the influencer/creator landscape and effective creator-first content, driving brand love and brand affinity through a data-first approach. You will lead big picture strategic thinking focused on business and brand-awareness drivers, developing and communicating with an analytical based approach and data-informed decision making. This position requires someone who has a passion for influencer/creator marketing, analytics, and new social platforms. You will report to the VP of Account Services.
- Lead TikTok Shop initiatives for brands and across internal integrated teams
- Key leader for all things Affiliate Marketing (i.e.: Amazon Affiliate)
- Architect and oversee paid and organic influencer/creator marketing strategy for all key accounts and develop big picture, “always-on” strategy for ongoing, evergreen marketing campaigns as well as brand and DTC/Retail/Amazon moments
- Drive accelerated growth and build brand advocacy via influencer/creator led social and digital communications
- Manage relationship with Creator & Affiliate platform reps (i.e.: Klear)
- Manage and lead all paid partner partnerships and campaigns, owning all aspects of the process including contracts, negotiations, talent and content briefing and final delivery of content
- Drive strategy, process and oversee 360 influencer/creator led paid social content. Partner with paid media and organic social teams to develop engagement-driving and revenue-driving content.
- Utilize influencer/creator analytics platforms and survey competitive landscape to share insights and trends to create data-driven strategies and best in class programming
- Amplify partnerships and bring campaigns to life via the full scale delivery of experiential events
- Reinvent and rethink “how things have always been done” - continuously propose fresh creative ideas while analyzing data and consumer trends to identify relevant opportunities that challenge status quo
- Develop standards, expertise and best practices within paid and organic Influencer/creator to inform and scale across all marketing and channel platforms. Establish rules of the road within and outside of the influencer/creator marketing department, create and implement processes and timelines and own big picture 360 go to market strategy
- Develop and mentor direct reports
- 8-10 years of relevant Agency experience in communications, influencer/creator marketing and PR or related roles including direct experience owning and operating high-growth influencer/creator programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, specifically a capacity for collaboration.
- Expert problem solving, prioritization, and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong skills to lead and collaborate with individuals having diverse priorities and goals
- Proven leadership in guiding and effectively communicating with peers and team members
- Excellent capability in self-drive, motivation, and emotional management
- Experience in managing director reports
- Great at building relationships with clients and prospects
- Entrepreneur mind focused on growing current client relationships and new business
- Innovative thinker
- Proficient in relevant platforms needed (i.e.: Klear)
Success in the Next 6 Months:
- Develop overall strategy for department and marketing materials for client outreach
- Create clear Affiliate Program across Amazon & DTC - inclusive of creator payment terms, referral bonus’, and commercial process, etc.
- Stepchange in creator/influencer work we have already done
- Upsell 8-10 Accounts on TikTok Shop
- Streamline Creator/Influencer & Affiliate Reporting across divisions (DTC + Marketplace)
- Contribute to thought leadership - PR and Marketing
- Contribute to large pitches
- 10 Days Accrued PTO & 5 Sick Days
- Note: As of 1/1/2024, the new policy includes 20 PTO days (prorated based upon start date) & 7 sick days as of 1/1/2024, per annual year
- 12 Paid Holidays and Team Paid days off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Benefits
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Note: 401k will be available in lieu of SimpleIRA as of 1/1/2024
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- A fast-paced, high energy & dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego with snacks and coffee!
- Free Lunch Thursdays
- Company-Paid Parking at our Downtown San Diego Office
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
SALARY RANGE - $150,000-200,000