Senior Performance Marketing Specialist, Digital Marketing
WhereSan Diego, US
What we’re looking for
At Front Row, we partner with leading brands to accelerate their ecommerce growth. We leverage our capabilities and proprietary technology to design, market, distribute and accelerate brands on a global scale.
We’re continually cultivating functional areas of expertise and retaining the highest caliber of talent — while sharing knowledge and data, creating efficiencies, and looking at every aspect of our client’s business from a 360 perspective.
We work effectively to give every client the hands-on support, niche knowledge, and first-access they need to win in the world’s most competitive commerce markets and make each of our six capabilities the first to act on the next big things.
We live for the exchange of energy between brands and audiences, you should too, and we’ve made it our mission to expand every brand’s market share and heart share. Because we believe every transaction has the potential to be transformational.
About the team this role lives within:
Based in San Diego, California, our content creation & digital marketing agency specializes in the beauty, health, and wellness industry and offers 360 marketing services, including social media marketing, content creation, influencer marketing, paid digital media, creative development, email marketing, and website development.
We look at the digital space with a wide-angle lens — making us uniquely qualified to expand and elevate our client’s digital reach while delivering consistency across performance marketing, social marketing, influencer marketing, email marketing and CRM.
With over $17M in revenue, the current team is over 80 people. Top clients include Jergens, Bio-Oil, Rimmel, Olaplex, and JLo Beauty.
The San Diego office also has its own studio for shoots, which is a key part of the client offering, developing ongoing social content, email marketing assets, social and streaming ads, photography and video foreverything from evergreen messages to product launches.
We lead with instinct. We validate with evidence. And we value add for everyone.
Job Description Overview:
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong marketing background, excellent presentation and communication skills, along with demonstrated, hands-on experience managing paid social media and SEM campaigns from setup to optimization and reporting.
The person in this role will have a thorough understanding of digital advertising channels, a proven track-record of driving results and managing successful campaigns with any sized budget. This person will be responsible for day-to-day management of several high-profile accounts. A successful candidate will come forward with a thoughtful, educated, and creative marketing approach to plan strategies, set KPI’s and determine areas of opportunities for our clients.
We expect Senior Performance Marketing Specialists to have a strong sense of responsibility for their accounts, for their team, for the paid media performance, and for the Agency.
They should always work in the best interests of these elements. As such they will be expected to do the following:
- Excellent track record of building strong client relationships
- Leadership and people management experience
- Confidence, assertiveness, and self-starter qualities
- Ability to give accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions to internal teams
- Exceptional client-facing communication and presentation skills over email and Zoom
- Sense of ownership and autonomy of workload. If you say you’ll do something, it gets done! No need for micro-management, accountability and sense of pride in your work.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, dependent on the project.
- Keen attention to detail & exceptionally strong with numbers & data analysis.
- Experienced in identifying areas of opportunity to upsell current clients/brands for additional services within our 360 agency. Comfortable recommending additional advertising platforms, increases in budgets or any other opportunities of revenue for the agency.
- Proven track record of developing successful paid media advertising strategies and planning that result in significant top line growth at a positive ROAS.
- Expert knowledge of all paid media performance advertising channels with hands-on experience managing resources to produce results.
- Build and execute Paid Media Strategies for domestic & international beauty, wellness and lifestyle brands, from conceptual planning and scheduling, to reporting and making optimization recommendations to improve campaign performance.
- Analyze and resolve diverse, complex issues with your in-depth knowledge of paid media strategy and delivery across Google, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok & LinkedIn.
- Extensive experience reporting on campaign performance and providing meaningful, strategic insights and action plans for progress.
- Experience with budget and revenue projections/forecasts.
- Experience with keyword search tools and current SEO, SEM & PPC tools.
- Experience with website pixel tracking set up, tagging, and management.
- Experience working with $4M+ annual media buys
- Ability to write effective ad copy for different audience segments and advertising platforms.
- Ongoing understanding of the Search and Social landscape, including: new features and tools.
- Solution Seeking
- Account Directors are responsible for finding a way around problems. This doesn’t mean they have to solve all the problems themselves, but he/she needs to be able to identify how best to solve a problem. As such, they need to be excellent at the following skills :
- Have a thorough knowledge of the process of advertising development and production. Knowing where potential problem areas might be and where there are opportunities to be flexible or not.
- Be able to negotiate through impasses within Agency and with Client to find appropriate solutions
- Be able to consider lots of different solutions to a problem
- Make sound decisions under pressure
- Sounding the alarm at the right time and to the right people within the Agency
- At least 2-6 years of successful performance marketing experience
- Agency experience (preferred)
- Sense of urgency – we are fast paced!
- Meta ads certified
- Google ads certified
- Any other ad platform certifications are a plus! - DV360, TikTok, Pinterest, SnapChat, Bing, LinkedIn, etc.
- A passion for digital marketing and beauty/lifestyle brands
- Can-do attitude that fits our upbeat, fast paced (and fun!) company culture
- Not afraid to ask questions
- 10 Days Accrued PTO & 5 Sick Days
- Note: As of 1/1/2024, the new policy includes 20 PTO days (prorated based upon start date) & 7 sick days as of 1/1/2024, per annual year
- 12 Paid Holidays and Team Paid days off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Benefits
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Note: 401k will be available in lieu of SimpleIRA as of 1/1/2024
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- A fast-paced, high energy & dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego with snacks and coffee!
- Free Lunch Thursdays
- Company-Paid Parking at our Downtown San Diego Office
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities