Database Administrator, Marketplace Partnership
WhereNew York, US
What we’re looking for
At Front Row, we partner with leading brands to accelerate their ecommerce growth. We leverage our capabilities and proprietary technology to design, market, distribute and accelerate brands on a global scale. We’re continually cultivating functional areas of expertise and retaining the highest caliber of talent — while sharing knowledge and data, creating efficiencies, and looking at every aspect of our client’s business from a 360 perspective. We work effectively to give every client the hands-on support, niche knowledge, and first-access they need to win in the world’s most competitive commerce markets and make each of our six capabilities the first to act on the next big things.
We live for the exchange of energy between brands and audiences, you should too, and we’ve made it our mission to expand every brand’s market share and heart share. Because we believe every transaction has the potential to be transformational.
We leverage data-driven insights from Catapult, our proprietary technology, and our deep understanding of marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart.com, TikTok Shop, to craft strategies unique to each brand we work with while protecting their pricing and channel strategies at every lifecycle stage and in any global market.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Database Administrator to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the management, maintenance, and optimization of our company's databases to ensure they operate efficiently and securely. The Database Administrator will work closely with developers and other departments to support data-driven decision-making and ensure data integrity.
- Configure, and maintain database management systems (DBMS), such as MySQL, MongoDB, Google Big Query, Snowflake.
- Create and manage databases, schemas, tables, and other database objects.
- Create and maintain robust documentation on data structures and workflows.
- Monitor database performance and ensure optimal database operation.
- Implement and manage data backup and recovery processes.
- Optimize data structures and queries balancing performance and data size.
- Recommend technologies and monitor costs.
Security and Compliance:
- Implement and maintain database security measures to protect sensitive data.
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and industry best practices.
- Perform regular security audits and apply patches and updates as needed.
Data Maintenance and Optimization:
- Optimize and tune database queries for improved performance.
- Regularly clean and maintain databases to remove redundant or obsolete data.
- Implement data archival and retention policies.
Backup and Recovery:
- Develop and test disaster recovery plans.
- Conduct routine backups and restore data in case of system failures.
- Identify and resolve database issues, including connectivity problems and data corruption.
- Monitor database logs and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of database configurations, processes, and best practices.
- Train and assist other team members on database-related tasks.
Performance Monitoring and Reporting:
- Set up database monitoring tools to proactively identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- Generate regular reports on database usage, performance, and growth trends.
- Work closely with application developers, system administrators, and other IT staff to support database-related requirements.
- Collaborate with data analysts and data scientists to ensure data availability and accuracy
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a Database Administrator or in a similar role.
- Proficiency in one or more database management systems (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, PostgreSQL).
- Strong knowledge of database security, backup, and recovery procedures.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Certification in database administration is a plus.
- Health, dental and vision
- Summer Fridays
- Educational stipend
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Work with a fun, consultative team of experts
- Location - headquartered in SoHo, New York City with offices in San Diego, Hamburg and Bratislava
SALARY RANGE - $80,000 - $120,000