Business Operations Manager, Content Creation
WhereSan Diego, US
What we’re looking for
At Front Row, we partner with leading brands to accelerate their ecommerce growth. We leverage our capabilities and proprietary technology to design, market, distribute and accelerate brands on a global scale.
We’re continually cultivating functional areas of expertise and retaining the highest caliber of talent — while sharing knowledge and data, creating efficiencies, and looking at every aspect of our client’s business from a 360 perspective.
We work effectively to give every client the hands-on support, niche knowledge, and first-access they need to win in the world’s most competitive commerce markets and make each of our six capabilities the first to act on the next big things.
We live for the exchange of energy between brands and audiences, you should too, and we’ve made it our mission to expand every brand’s market share and heart share. Because we believe every transaction has the potential to be transformational.
About the team this role lives within:
Based in San Diego, California, our content creation & digital marketing agency specializes in the beauty, health, and wellness industry and offers 360 marketing services, including social media marketing, content creation, influencer/creator marketing, paid digital media, creative development, email marketing, and website development.
We look at the digital space with a wide-angle lens — making us uniquely qualified to expand and elevate our client’s digital reach while delivering consistency across performance marketing, social marketing, influencer/creator marketing, email marketing and CRM.
With over $17M in revenue, the current team is over 60 people. Top clients include Jergens, Bio-Oil, Rimmel, Olaplex, and JLo Beauty.
The San Diego office also has its own studio for shoots, which is a key part of the client offering, developing ongoing social content, email marketing assets, social and streaming ads, photography and video for everything from evergreen messages to product launches.
We lead with instinct. We validate with evidence. And we value add for everyone.
Job Description Overview:
As the Business Operations Manager, you will be a part of an innovative, fast-paced team dedicated to optimizing operations across the division. Collaborating cross-functionally with Leadership, Operations and Business Development, you will bring a can-do attitude, organizational savvy, and an approach that is both data-driven and people-focused to everything that you do. You will serve as the right-hand to the Director of Business Operations & Culture, and facilitate and support all facets of day to day operation, including employee experience and engagement; team efficiencies and division profitability; systems management; and interdepartmental and executive support. This position requires someone who is a detail-oriented, multi-faceted doer, as passionate about implementing processes as they are curating amazing employee experiences.
- Support Director of Business Operations and Business Leadership Team with ongoing and one-off needs including but not limited to hours and profitability tracking and reporting, financial analysis and planning, and departmental organizational initiatives
- Work with operations team and all departments to Implement processes and procedures to ensure optimal organization and workflow across the board
- Create engaging and inspiring employee experiences from initial onboardings to team bonding excursions, morale events, happy hours and ongoing engagement opportunities and efforts
- Systems management of platforms used teamwide for timekeeping, project management, accounting and PEO/payroll, including Harvest, Asana, Netsuite, Bill.com and JustWorks
- Client services and internal admin including vendor payment processing, client invoicing and billing, staff reimbursements, credit card coding and auditing, client and internal budget management, reporting, and client and team communications
- Support Director of Business Operations with hiring efforts and freelancer management as needed
- Assist client services and business development teams with client accounts onboarding and offboarding
- Liaise with IT, Director of Technology, and Office Manager on team tools and services management and setup
The ideal candidate is a Jack/Jill of all trades and a voracious learner. They perpetually think outside of the box and have proven success managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. They are both a people-person and a hyper analytical production machine. They are dedicated to ideating and implementing processes and structure, yet are able to remain flexible and adaptable when times call for it. They are the auxiliary force that keeps the ship running.
This position is based at our San Diego office and is a hybrid role with a required minimum of three days in office.
- 3+ years of experience in a cross-functional operational role preferably in an agency or similar setting
- Highly organized and impeccably detail-oriented
- High proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, specifically a capacity for collaboration and high empathy
- Expert problem solving, prioritization, and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong skills to lead and collaborate with individuals having diverse priorities and goals
- Proven leadership in guiding and effectively communicating with peers and team members
- Excellent capability in self-drive, motivation, and emotional management
- Innovative and solutions-oriented thinker
- Incredibly tech-savvy and proficient in systems management. Experience with NetSuite or similar accounting platform a plus
- 10 Days Accrued PTO & 5 Sick Days
- Note: As of 1/1/2024, the new policy includes 20 PTO days (prorated based upon start date) & 7 sick days as of 1/1/2024, per annual year
- 12 Paid Holidays and Team Paid days off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Benefits
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Note: 401k will be available in lieu of SimpleIRA as of 1/1/2024
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- A fast-paced, high energy & dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego with snacks and coffee!
- Free Lunch Thursdays
- Company-Paid Parking at our Downtown San Diego Office
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
SALARY RANGE - $60,000-70,000