Senior Photographer, Content Creation
WhereSan Diego, US
What we’re looking for
At Front Row, we partner with leading brands to accelerate their ecommerce growth. We leverage our capabilities and proprietary technology to design, market, distribute and accelerate brands on a global scale.
We’re continually cultivating functional areas of expertise and retaining the highest caliber of talent — while sharing knowledge and data, creating efficiencies, and looking at every aspect of our client’s business from a 360 perspective.
We work effectively to give every client the hands-on support, niche knowledge, and first-access they need to win in the world’s most competitive commerce markets and make each of our six capabilities the first to act on the next big things.
We live for the exchange of energy between brands and audiences, you should too, and we’ve made it our mission to expand every brand’s market share and heart share. Because we believe every transaction has the potential to be transformational.
About the team this role lives within:
Based in San Diego, California, our content creation & digital marketing agency specializes in the beauty, health, and wellness industry and offers 360 marketing services, including social media marketing, content creation, influencer marketing, paid digital media, creative development, email marketing, and website development.
We look at the digital space with a wide-angle lens — making us uniquely qualified to expand and elevate our client’s digital reach while delivering consistency across performance marketing, social marketing, influencer marketing, email marketing and CRM.
With over $17M in revenue, the current team is over 80 people. Top clients include Jergens, Bio-Oil, Rimmel, Olaplex, and JLo Beauty.
The San Diego office also has its own 5,000 square foot studio for shoots, which is a key part of the client offering, developing ongoing social content, email marketing assets, social and streaming ads, photography and video for everything from evergreen messages to product launches.
We lead with instinct. We validate with evidence. And we value add for everyone.
The Senior Photographer is a highly skilled professional who has strong skills in lighting, shooting, retouching and training. This team member is client-facing and needs to be able to clearly communicate creative ideas and needs to internal and client teams. This team member assists the Head of Photo in managing the photo team to ensure production quality meets agency standards for all accounts.
- Driving creative excellence for the agency and our clients
- Assisting with team management and training/providing mentorship
- Managing deadlines and workflows
- Directly managing & creating for premium accounts
- Effectively communicating internally & externally
- Maintaining positive attitude & relationships
- Ability to direct production, including team members/large crews, multiple models
- Working with Account Managers to develop creative presentations for clients
- Leading creative brainstorms
- Assisting in art, set builds, and prop sourcing
- Motivating the team to work hard and produce quality work
- Use creative and technical photography knowledge to compose high-quality photographs.
- Maintain brand identity for all photography content even on tight deadlines across a handful of different brands
- Monitor consumer trends and look for opportunities to elevate photography
We expect Senior Photographers to have a strong sense of responsibility for their account, for their team, for the creative work, and for the Agency. They should always work in the best interests of these elements. As such they will be expected to do & have the following skills/experience:
- 5+ years of experience in product and model photography
- Actively develop the skills of those who work with and under them
- Make sure every creative / client briefing is as inspiring as possible
- Expect and aim for the best creative work every time
- Make every shoot, whether it be big or small, a great one
- Experience running large and small scale shoots
- Ability to conceptualize, present to client effectively, execute the shoot as lead photographer and lead post-production process & retouching
- Ability to manage workload, effectively communicate internally and externally, meet deadlines, etc.
- Leadership and people management experience
- Confidence, assertiveness, and self-starter qualities
- Bonus points if:
- You have experience in social media content creation
- You have agency experience
- You have beauty & lifestyle experience
Client Confidence A Senior Photographer is expected to have strong client communication skills in being able to creatively explain and communicate a creative vision. Senior Photographers typically work directly with clients alongside Account Managers to create ongoing relationships with clients ranging from Social Media Managers, to CMO’s, to Creative Directors. Specifically they should know and understand:
- How strategy plays into creative and how to connect a key insight to creating visuals
- What is trending on social media and be able to apply it to a multitude of brands
- Be familiar with market dynamics and competitor strategies
- Know everything about the brand & product
- Possess strong presentation skills
- Be able to present your own and others ideas in either a formal presentation or an informal way intelligently, thoughtfully, with passion and with clarity
- Be able to write interesting and concise presentations for use internally and externally
- 10 Days Accrued PTO & 5 Sick Days
- Note: As of 1/1/2024, the new policy includes 20 PTO days (prorated based upon start date) & 7 sick days as of 1/1/2024, per annual year
- 12 Paid Holidays and Team Paid days off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Benefits
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Note: 401k will be available in lieu of SimpleIRA as of 1/1/2024
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- A fast-paced, high energy & dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego with snacks and coffee!
- Free Lunch Thursdays
- Company-Paid Parking at our Downtown San Diego Office
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
SALARY RANGE - $70,000-95,000