Video Editor, Content Creation
WhereSan Diego, US
What we’re looking for
At Front Row, we partner with leading brands to accelerate their ecommerce growth. We leverage our capabilities and proprietary technology to design, market, distribute and accelerate brands on a global scale.
We’re continually cultivating functional areas of expertise and retaining the highest caliber of talent — while sharing knowledge and data, creating efficiencies, and looking at every aspect of our client’s business from a 360 perspective.
We work effectively to give every client the hands-on support, niche knowledge, and first-access they need to win in the world’s most competitive commerce markets and make each of our six capabilities the first to act on the next big things.
We live for the exchange of energy between brands and audiences, you should too, and we’ve made it our mission to expand every brand’s market share and heart share. Because we believe every transaction has the potential to be transformational.
About the team this role lives within:
Based in San Diego, California, our content creation & digital marketing agency specializes in the beauty, health, and wellness industry and offers 360 marketing services, including social media marketing, content creation, influencer marketing, paid digital media, creative development, email marketing, and website development.
We look at the digital space with a wide-angle lens — making us uniquely qualified to expand and elevate our client’s digital reach while delivering consistency across performance marketing, social marketing, influencer marketing, email marketing and CRM.
With over $17M in revenue, the current team is over 80 people. Top clients include Jergens, Bio-Oil, Rimmel, Olaplex, and JLo Beauty.
The San Diego office also has its own 5,000 square foot studio for shoots, which is a key part of the client offering, developing ongoing social content, email marketing assets, social and streaming ads, photography and video for everything from evergreen messages to product launches.
We lead with instinct. We validate with evidence. And we value add for everyone.
A Video Editor is a highly skilled professional who works closely with Digital Video Producers and are responsible for post-production workflows, including editing and timeline management. A Video Editor is constantly looking for new creative ways to elevate video content.
We expect Video Editors to have well versed experience and should always work in the best interest of creative excellence. As such they will be expected to do & have the following skills/experience:
- 4+ years of experience in video editing
- Advanced level knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Encoder, and After Effects (and working across these programs smoothly)
- Knowledge of post-production workflows and organization (syncing sound, color correction, transcoding, etc.)
- Working knowledge of motion graphics, creating graphics from scratch and with existing assets
- The ability to tell stories through video editing
- Must have a good grasp on typography + graphic design
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team
- Knowledge of editing trends
- Ability to edit on quick timelines
- Actively develop the skills of those who work with and under them
- Expect and aim for the best creative work every time
- Ability to conceptualize how to take the creative further with a video edit
- Ability to manage workload, effectively communicate internally, meet deadlines, etc.
- Confidence, assertiveness, and self-starter qualities
- Bonus points if:
- You have experience in social media content creation
- You have agency experience
- You have beauty & lifestyle experience
People Development & Workflows
Video Editors are responsible for:
- Driving creative excellence for the agency and our clients
- Assisting with team management and training/providing mentorship
- Managing deadlines and workflows
- Effectively communicating internally & externally
- Maintaining positive attitude & relationships
- Use creative and technical knowledge to elevate creative
- Maintain brand identity for all content even on tight deadlines across a handful of different brands
- Monitor consumer trends and look for opportunities to elevate content
- You will develop, concept and pitch creative ideas internally with confidence
- You will be an ambitious, proactive member of the Creative Team
- You will maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
Video Editors are responsible for navigating through post-production workflows, being able to creatively problem solve and finding creative solutions. This doesn’t mean they have to solve all problems on their own, but he/she needs to be able to identify how best to solve a problem and create an excellent outcome.
- 10 Days Accrued PTO & 5 Sick Days
- Note: As of 1/1/2024, the new policy includes 20 PTO days (prorated based upon start date) & 7 sick days as of 1/1/2024, per annual year
- 12 Paid Holidays and Team Paid days off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Benefits
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Note: 401k will be available in lieu of SimpleIRA as of 1/1/2024
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- A fast-paced, high energy & dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego with snacks and coffee!
- Free Lunch Thursdays
- Company-Paid Parking at our Downtown San Diego Office
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
SALARY RANGE - $65,000-85,000