Photography Intern, Digital Marketing - Consumer
WhereSan Diego, US
What we’re looking for
At Front Row, we partner with leading brands to accelerate their ecommerce growth. We leverage our capabilities and proprietary technology to design, market, distribute and accelerate brands on a global scale. We’re continually cultivating functional areas of expertise and retaining the highest caliber of talent — while sharing knowledge and data, creating efficiencies, and looking at every aspect of our client’s business from a 360 perspective. We work effectively to give every client the hands-on support, niche knowledge, and first-access they need to win in the world’s most competitive commerce markets and make each of our six capabilities the first to act on the next big things.
We live for the exchange of energy between brands and audiences, you should too, and we’ve made it our mission to expand every brand’s market share and heart share. Because we believe every transaction has the potential to be transformational.
We leverage data-driven insights from Catapult, our proprietary technology, and our deep understanding of marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart.com, TikTok Shop, to craft strategies unique to each brand we work with while protecting their pricing and channel strategies at every lifecycle stage and in any global market.
- Founded in 2012 with over 400 employees through various acquisitions.
- Private equity backed - Trivest Partners
- 250+ notable brands like Glow Recipe, Youth to the People, HUM Nutrition, Scrub Daddy, and more!
- Inc.’s 5,000 Fastest-Growing Companies three years in a row
- Offices in New York, San Diego, Hamburg and Bratislava
As Front Row expands its commerce capabilities and internship programs, we are seeking an ambitious Photography Intern who is innovative, experienced and excited to be part of a fast-paced environment that creates new and engaging content every day. This is an unpaid, on-site, internship based out of our office and studio in Downtown San Diego.
You will have the opportunity to work in a creative environment every day in the Beauty and Lifestyle industry, and will directly support the Photography Team with day-to-day creative operations of the agency. The ideal candidate has proven success in articulating a concept, sourcing inspiration, shooting, and editing photos, all while managing several tasks and responsibilities at once. You will report to the Head of Photography and Director of Creative Strategy & Production, and be a collaborative team member of the Photo Team and the creative department.
How You Will Make a Difference
- You will develop, concept and pitch creative ideas internally with confidence
- You will be an ambitious, proactive member of the Creative Team
- You will maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Do:
- Shoot and edit for weekly, monthly and quarterly photo needs and social content
- Work with other members on the creative and account management teams to execute the brand’s goals
- Take part in and assist with all facets of creative productions as per client needs, from pre-production to shooting to post-production
- 2+ years experience in photography
- High proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Capture One, the Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite
- Exceptional knowledge of lighting and retouching
- Intermediate knowledge of camera operation
- Ability to determine lighting requirements for shots
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Solid work history
- Sense of ownership and understanding of its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Impeccable time management skills
Bonus Points if:
- You have experience on set and/or in studio
- You have agency experience
- You have beauty, food or lifestyle experience
To apply, you must submit the following:
- Link to a portfolio of work; Applications without a portfolio submission will not be considered
- Link to retouching examples (skin and product)
In addition, we ask that you please prepare retouching samples to walkthrough in your interview.
- Opportunity for career growth + development
- A fast-paced, high energy + dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego
- Unlimited snacks and coffee in the San Diego office to keep you fueled for AGENCY LIFE
- Free Lunch Thursdays for in-office team members